Following the 2018 Hackitt Review and the Government’s July announcement of legislation appointing a new regulator for safety in buildings, there is a renewed emphasis on fire safety.
The latest in our AT Schüco webinar series will explore what the implications are for architects in terms of roles and responsibilities. It will also examine how practices can ensure they have the expertise and systems in place to ensure compliance, and what they can do to protect themselves from risk.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Legislation and regulations: The Building Safety Bill and the implications for architects
- The ‘golden thread’ of information
- Skilling up: how can architects develop the skills, knowledge and expertise to iron out risk?
- Practice management: what procedures and processes can practices put in place to ensure best practice, pacify insurance providers offer protection from claims?
- Navigating the insurance market
Our panel of expert speakers include:
- Jessica Barker, Partner, Stolon Studio
- Paul Bussey, Technical Design: CDM/Fire/Access Lead, AHMM
- Jerry Tate, Partner, Tate + Co Architects
- Tom Roche, Senior Consultant, international codes and standards, FM Global
Register here to join our live webinar at 10.00am on Wednesday 29th September.